Open Science in South Asia, OSSAN Conference 2022
Date: 5 – 8 September 2022 | Venue: Online & DST-CPR, IISc Bangalore
DST – Centre for Policy Research at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, is organising the Open Science South Asian Network (OSSAN) Conference from 5th to 8th September 2022. The conference aims to deliberate on the key issues and challenges that affect open science in the context of South Asia by providing a platform for researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to share the interesting findings from their studies and work in this area.
The conference will host keynote lectures, workshops, and panel discussions to provide a unique forum for researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policymakers, and other important stakeholders to discuss the latest and future developments in Open Science, especially for the global south. For details on the speakers please check the conference website.
The Call for Abstracts is open
We are inviting Speakers and abstracts on the following themes:
- Democratisation of Science
- Citizen science
- Traditional knowledge on open platform
- Open archives
- Open science infrastructure
- Responsible Research assessment
- Open Access, Open research data, Open Source
- Open Science in Social sciences and humanities
- Open Science frameworks and policies
The deadline for submissions of extended abstracts is August 16, 2022.
More information on the Call for Abstracts can be found here:
Selected abstracts would be published in the Book of Abstracts. Selected few would be invited for short presentations in the conference.
- Call for Abstracts opens: July 15, 2022
- Registration for the Conference and Workshops: July 31, 2022
- Call for Abstracts closes: August 16, 2022
- Last date to submit Financial Aid form: August 25, 2022
- Registration for the Conference and Workshops closes: September 1, 2022
- Conference Dates: September 5-8, 2022