Position: Project Associate/Senior Project Associate
Duration: 8 Months
Job Description: The project associate shall work with DST-CPR, IISc research teams on two research projects– (a) ‘Research Assessment in Practice’ project in South Asia (in collaboration with CLACSO-FOLEC, Argentina and IDRC, Canada) and (b) ‘Open Science Partnerships and Open Research Data Practices’ project in India.
Both projects entail a substantial primary fieldwork research component (including personal interviews and focus group discussions) as well as a policy outreach component (including preparing policy reports, conducting webinars, and engaging with stakeholders).
Responsibilities: The project research associate is expected to work in collaboration with DST-CPR, IISc research teams. The key responsibilities of the project associate, in both projects, include:
- Conducting a scholarly literature review
- Designing fieldwork instruments (questionnaire guide for interviews/FGDs)
- Managing roll-out of primary fieldwork and policy outreach components
- Organizing and conducting semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions
- Analysing data/responses from qualitative fieldwork
- Preparing policy reports and manuscripts for scholarly communication
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree (or higher) in public policy / science / social science / engineering, and a keen interest in science policy research. Doctoral degree is preferred but not mandatory. Doctoral candidates who have defended their dissertation and awaiting receipt of degree/diploma may also apply.
- Prior experience in conducting qualitative fieldwork (personal interviews / focus group discussions) or mixed methods research; and working knowledge of qualitative data analysis software platforms (such as NVivo and ATLAS.ti)
- Good communication and editorial skills.
- Demonstrable writing skills (in English). Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Latex.
- Prior experience in STI policy research is desirable
- Prior knowledge with quantitative data methodologies is desirable.
- Prior experience of engaging with different stakeholders is desirable.
- Please submit your resume/CV with an accompanying cover letter detailing your job suitability, and a recent writing sample (preferably a research article/working paper employing qualitative / mixed method research design) to firstname.lastname@example.org.The subject of the email should be ‘Application for Project Associate/Senior Project Associate’.
- Resume/CV file should be named in ‘Your name_CLACSO_CV.pdf’ format,cover letter should be named in ‘Your name_ CLACSO_Cover letter.pdf’ format, and writing sample file should be named in ‘Your name_ CLACSO_writing sample.pdf’ format.
- Last date of submission is 8th November, 2021.
- Likely interview date for short-listed candidates would be between 15th to 24th November, 2021.
Renumeration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.